Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 99

Thread: Edited - Signature Length Poll

  1. #51
    AG Crazy in Wyoming
    Guest AG Crazy in Wyoming's Avatar

    Post

    Our AG Albums

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ February 24, 2006 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Bugs Mc ]</font></font>
    Finally got it this time! Thank-you [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 24, 2006 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Bugs Mc ]</font>

  2. #52
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is the Hostboard Language Code to use in your profile:


    [ URL=http://www.Hostboard.com]Hostboard.com[/URL]

    I put a space between [ and URL but don't do that when you use this code. I only did it so the link wouldn't show up instead of the code. When you use this code it shows up like in my signature currently.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 24, 2006 04:47 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

  3. #53
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. Do large pictures slow your downloading time?
    No
    2. How many tickers should be allowed?
    one, and no childrens ages please
    3. How many lines of text should be allowed?
    less than 6
    4. Should we have a rule limiting bytes/pixels or just a general guideline? general guideline

  4. #54
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bugs - When I click on your Our Albums link, I get my own Imagestation Albums. Does this happen to anyone else?

  5. #55
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. Do large pictures slow your downloading time? Yes.

    2. How many tickers should be allowed? 2, but they have to be AG related

    3. How many lines of text should be allowed? 4, and please list dolls in one line (use the hb feature of the sliding text if one has to).

    4. Should we have a rule limiting bytes/pixels or just a general guideline? I?d say yes to pixels/bytes, only because we?ve had plenty of people volunteer their knowledge. But a size rule would be fine too if it was something along the lines of inches, not picture size wise, Maybe 5 inches wide, and 3 in tall. And pictures should have to have something to do with AG.

    Edit: Please don't say we can't list our dolls. I think that's a great feature. No one is trying to make anyone with less dolls feel bad, I just think it's nice to know who has which dolls incase someone needs an opinion on buying one of them, they can look and see that so-and-so has such-and-such doll, and can ask their opinion about her. I don't have any albums, and don't really have the time or patience to make one (and especially not the time it takes to load the pictures to the internet), so I think limiting your doll "list" to that would be a huge loss.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 24, 2006 05:25 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

  6. #56
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    1. Do large pictures slow your downloading time?
    nope

    2. How many tickers should be allowed?
    2 and AG related

    3. How many lines of text should be allowed?
    3-4

    4. Should we have a rule limiting bytes/pixels or just a general guideline?
    general guideline

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ February 24, 2006 07:00 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font></font>
    This is a good example of a reasonable maximum signature. 1 Ticker, 1 Picture and 4 lines of text. This signature is about 3x5 inches on my screen. I like it that the doll list is all on one line.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 24, 2006 07:03 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

  7. #57
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    1. Do large pictures slow your downloading time?

    <font color="red">Not in the slightest. Hostboard loads posts of any size in less than 1 second for me. Of course I have a VERY fast internet connection (6 MBPS cable w/ unlimited bandwidth)</font>

    2. How many tickers should be allowed?

    <font color="red">No more than 2 AG related ones, and 1 personal one</font>

    3. How many lines of text should be allowed?

    <font color="red">Text really doesn't slow loading time at all even on my dialup PC, so I really don't care about it. Unless it's a huge font and REALLY long text is way less of an issue than the other stuff.</font>

    4. Should we have a rule limiting bytes/pixels or just a general guideline?

    <font color="red">Both. A suggested size, but more as a general guideline than a hard and fast rule. A small sized (on the screen) image that is 240k is as much of a problem as a well compressed 240k image that is 640x480</font>

  8. #58
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. No
    2. Two max.
    3. Doesn't matter much to me- 4-6 lines? I think if you have no tickers or pictures, a few more lines of text are OK.
    4. General guidelines. If anything, maybe a size guideline- like "no bigger than X inches by Y inches." Then people could put in as many tickers, pictures, or text as they want within that space without making the sigs too huge and causing tons of scrolling.

    By the way, I like the doll lists (obviously, LOL!). I used to only have two dolls and I still liked seeing which dolls other people had- it's neat to be able to ask someone for a review. I also like being able to see who has dolls other than AG. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #59
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. Do large pictures slow your downloading time?
    Not really. But pictures more than 1 inch high can be frustrating.

    2. How many tickers should be allowed?
    Two, with a relatable meaning. Eg, rather than saying, "XYZ days to person no one knows' Birthday," they should be AG related or directly related to the poster. Like, "56 days until my Birthday" "72 days till my baby's born!"

    3. How many lines of text should be allowed?
    Wouldn't this vary from monitor to monitor? If not, I think 5-7, total.

    4. Should we have a rule limiting bytes/pixels or just a general guideline?

    I support the idea of mods posting "example." I think pixels are hard for most people to grasp, but measurements aren't. I think two inches maximum for a signature would be a good idea.

  10. #60
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cami713:

    2. How many tickers should be allowed? 2, but they have to be AG related

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My problem with this--although good in theory--is that it's not fair to members who use other Hostboard forums. I was here long before the AG board existed. The reason I keep my avatar and signature cat-related is because it's general and doesn't relate to either board! [img]wink.gif[/img] Outlawing me from having anything except a doll-related signature would look awfully strange on the board I moderate! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Unfortunately, I'm unable to use signatures that would make sense with my own board because they would look odd here. Ideally I would like to list things in relation to the disease I have, because that applies at my board, but I don't since it would look silly here. It would be sad to be even more limited. It is a fault not of the AG board, though, I understand it's more a system-related thing!

    To make a long story short, I think tickers or signatures should definitely be open to being general (within reason and if unoffensive). There are many boards on Hostboard, not just the AG board. For those of us who participate in more than one, outlawing us from having anything but an AG-related signature would keep us from being able to participate here, which is wholly unfair.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 24, 2006 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •